Adobe Illustrator CS5 Boot Camp
Duration: 1 day
Learn how to create vector artwork for virtually any project and across multiple media: print, websites, interactive projects, and video. In addition to learning the key elements of the Illustrator interface, students will learn how to integrate their artwork with Adobe Flash movies, Adobe InDesign layouts, and Adobe Flash Catalyst software to add interaction to their designs. Adobe Illustrator CS software is an essential design tool for anyone who needs to express ideas visually in print, on the Web, and in any other medium.
- Get acquainted with the Adobe Illustrator CS5 application.
- Create shapes in a document.
- Create custom paths.
- Enter text in an Illustrator document.
- Enhance documents.
- Proof documents to make them more accurate.
- Save images for web and print.
- Create complex illustrations.
- Enhance complex illustrations.
- Create a vector version of a raster graphic.
- Create special effects.
- Work with graphs.
- Work with variables.
- Prepare documents for composite and commercial printing.
- Export graphics for the web and mobile devices.
Illustrator is a professional tool for graphic designers and production artists. This is a beginning Illustrator course- no previous experience with the program is required. All students should be familiar with using a mouse, file management and general operations of a Macintosh or Windows operating system.
- Authorized Courseware
- Intensive Hands on Skills Development with an Experienced Subject Matter Expert
- Hands on practice on real Servers and extended lab support 1.800.482.3172
- Examination Vouchers & Onsite Certification Testing
- Academy Code of Honor: Test Pass Guarantee
- Optional: Package for Hotel Accommodations, Lunch and Transportation
All Exams are delivered at the Training Center, which is an authorized Prometric and Pearson/VUE Testing Center . We will provide a large number of testing stations dedicated to the
Boot Camp. A test administrator will be available throughout the day to register you for the tests.
LESSON 1: APPLICATION OVERVIEW
LESSON 2: PREFERENCES
LESSON 3: OVERVIEW OF THE WORKSPACE
- Setting Illustrator preferences and Color Settings
LESSON 4: NAVIGATION
- Toolbox, palettes, hiding and docking palettes
LESSON 5: COLORS
- Getting around, and viewing images using the Navigator palette
LESSON 6: LAYERS
- Applying Fills and Strokes
- Adjusting Stroke weight
- Using the Swatches Palette
LESSON 7: OBJECT TOOLS
- Creating, viewing, reordering, and moving
LESSON 8: THE PEN TOOL
- Using the Ellipse, Rectangle, Star, and Polygon tools
- Creating curves and straight lines
- Tracing objects with the Pen tool
- Modifying Pen paths
LESSON 9: BASIC KEY COMMANDS
LESSON 10: MANIPULATION OF OBJECTS
AND OBJECT TRANSFORMATION
LESSON 11: THE SELECTION TOOLS
- The Selection tool, Group selection tool, Direct selection tool, Lassos, and Magic Wand
LESSON 12: THE TRANSFORMATION TOOLS
- Scaling, rotating, distorting, and Free Transforming objects
LESSON 13: RASTERIZING OBJECTS
- Creating and viewing objects as pixels
LESSON 14: TEXT
- Using the Text toolsArea TypeType on a path
LESSON 1: BLENDS
- Basic shapes and colors
- Complex blends for shadowing and highlighting
- Making blends for use as animations
LESSON 2: ADVANCED EDITING TOOLS
LESSON 3: ADVANCED OBJECT TOOLS
- Using the Line, Arc, Flare, and Grid Tools
LESSON 4: TYPOGRAPHY
- Applying Effects to editable type
- General Type effects
LESSON 5: THE APPEARANCE PALETTE
LESSON 6: EFFECTS AND STYLES
- Applying nondestructive visual effects to objects, images, and type
- Creating editable shapes
- Adding Drop Shadows and Glows
- Using, and creating new styles
- Saving and editing styles
LESSON 7: PATHFINDER FILTERS
- Using the pathfinder filters and palette to combine objects and paths
LESSON 8: MASKING
- Single and multiple masking objects
- Using Clipping Masks and Opacity Masks
- Importing Layer Masks from Photoshop
- Using masks with the Layers Palette
LESSON 9: THE GRADIENT TOOL
- Using the gradient tool
- Creating and saving gradients
LESSON 10: THE TRANSPARENCY PALETTE
- Adding transparency to objects
- Using Blending Modes
Academy Code of Honor
The Academy guarantees that students shall pass all vendor examinations during the training program or may re-attend within one year of the program completion date. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.