CHFI: Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Boot Camp
Click Here to View Schedules & Pricing and to Enroll Online
Duration: 5 Days
The CHFI course will give participants the necessary skills to identify an intruder's footprints and to properly gather the necessary evidence to prosecute. Many of today's top tools of the forensic trade will be taught during this course, including software, hardware and specialized techniques. The need for businesses to become more efficient and integrated with one another, as well as the home user, has given way to a new type of criminal, the "cyber-criminal." It is no longer a matter of "will your organization be comprised (hacked)?" but, rather, "when?" Today's battles between corporations, governments, and countries are no longer fought only in the typical arenas of boardrooms or battlefields using physical force. Now the battlefield starts in the technical realm, which ties into most every facet of modern day life. If you or your organization requires the knowledge or skills to identify, track, and prosecute the cyber-criminal, then this is the course for you.
Computer hacking forensic investigation is the process of detecting hacking attacks and properly extracting evidence to report the crime and conduct audits to prevent future attacks. Computer forensics is simply the application of computer investigation and analysis techniques in the interests of determining potential legal evidence. Evidence might be sought in a wide range of computer crime or misuse, including but not limited to theft of trade secrets, theft of or destruction of intellectual property, and fraud. CHFI investigators can draw on an array of methods for discovering data that resides in a computer system, or recovering deleted, encrypted, or damaged file information.
Securing and analyzing electronic evidence is a central theme in an ever-increasing number of conflict situations and criminal cases. Electronic evidence is critical in the following situations:
-Possession of pornography
-Breach of contract
-Web page defacement
-Theft of company documents
Computer forensics enables the systematic and careful identification of evidence in computer related crime and abuse cases. This may range from tracing the tracks of a hacker through a client’s systems, to tracing the originator of defamatory emails, to recovering signs of fraud.
The CHFI course will provide participants the necessary skills to identify an intruder’s footprints and to properly gather the necessary evidence to prosecute in the court of law.
The CHFI course will benefit:
-Police and other law enforcement personnel
-Defense and Military personnel
-E-Business Security professionals
-Banking, Insurance and other professionals
- Experience with Windows and/or UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking
- Authorized Courseware
- Intensive Hands on Skills Development with an Experienced Subject Matter Expert
- Hands on practice on real Servers and extended lab support 1.800.482.3172
- Examination Vouchers & Onsite Certification Testing
- Academy Code of Honor: Test Pass Guarantee
- Optional: Package for Hotel Accommodations, Lunch and Transportation
The Academy is proud to be the #1 Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS) in Florida.
- Computer Forensics Training with open source tools
- Overview of Computer Crime
- Preparing sterile examination media
- Acquisition, collection and seizure of magnetic media.
- Documenting a "Chain of Custody"
- Understanding Microsoft Windows from a forensics point of view
- Working with NTFS
- Combing Partition table and boot record
- Investigating The Master File Table (MFT)
- Recovering Internet Usage Data
- Recovering: Swap Files/Temporary Files/Cache Files
- Digital Camera Computer Forensics
- PDA and Mobile Computer Forensics
- Linux/Unix computer forensics
- Investigating data streams
- File storage dates and times
- File deletion/recovery
- Preservation and safe handling of original media
- Making bitstream copies of original media
- Common data hiding techniques
- Examining CD-ROM media
- Carving out files "hidden" in unallocated disk space
- Issues when presenting data in court
- The marking, storage and transmittal of evidence.
- Word document forensics and password cracking
- Use tools such as Encase Forensic Edition, X-Ways Forensic Addition, Paraben, Forensic ToolKit
(FTK), Linux dd, etc.
Academy Code of Honor:
The Academy guarantees that students shall pass all vendor examinations during the training program or may re-attend within one year of the program completion date. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.