CompTIA Strata Boot Camp
Duration: 5 days
The Academy‘s boot camp for CompTIA STRATA combines the convenience and affordability of computer-based training with the personal attention and effectiveness of instructor-led training for a complete study solution. Guaranteed to get you certified*
CompTIA’s Strata program offers fundamental to advanced certificates that validate a wide range of subjects in information technology (IT). Students and professionals holding a Strata certificate demonstrate they have the knowledge required to enter and excel in IT and other technology-related fields. Strata exams validate knowledge in several IT subjects, including Green IT, Technical Sales and PC concepts.
The CompTIA Strata IT for Sales exam is designed to show that the successful candidate has the knowledge to effectively engage a customer, identify types of technology users, coordinate with technical staff, ensure customer satisfaction, and provide appropriate solutions based on customer requirements - including Green IT and preventative maintenance.
The Strata IT Fundamentals certificate is ideal for individuals and students new to the IT job market as well as the increasing number of professionals changing careers to IT or technology-related fields. Many entering an IT career will continue to pursue higher certifications in CompTIA A+, and with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security +.
The CompTIA Strata Certificate Program is for:
• Individuals seeking a new career in IT
• Students new to the IT and technology job market
• Professionals in technology sales careers
• Individuals considering CompTIA A+ or other IT industry certifications
• Certified or seasoned IT career professionals who want to enhance their credentials
- The complete CompTIA courseware. We pre-ship study materials for your preparation (upon request), and provide the complete CompTIA courseware for your training Boot Camp.
- Subject Matter Experts for instructors. Our instructors are unequaled among training providers, and hold the most prestigious certifications and cutting-edge, real world expertise.
- They are available to you throughout the day for the length of the course for group instruction, lab exercise leadership and individual coaching.
- We teach to accommodate every student's learning needs, including instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, question and answer drills, and friendly competitions between concurrently running classes.
- Lab manuals, guidebooks, and Measure Up self-testing software are utilized to augment your courseware and instruction. And the instructors are with you every step of the way.
- State-of-the-art educational facilities. The school has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs, and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are unsurpassed!
- Five (5) full days of Intensive instruction and labs.
- Hands-on practice and skills development on real Dell Computers and servers.
- Prep books covering the CompTIA exams,
- Custom Courseware and exceptional Practice Tests,
- Exam vouchers, covering all of the CompTIA exams, and
- Self Test™, Transcender® or MeasureUp Testing Software.
All Exams are delivered at the Training Center, which is an authorized Prometric and Pearson/VUE Testing Center . We will provide a large number of testing stations dedicated to the Boot Camp. A test administrator will be available throughout the day to register you for the tests.
• What is CompTIA STRATA
The Visual PC and How it Works
• Visual PC Overview and Motherboard Component Identification
• Individual Component Identification and Lap Tops
• Component Identification Exam
• The Logical Flow of Data
The Operating System
• Functions of the Operating System
Windows Basic Training
• Windows Desktop and My Computer
• Configuring Appearance and Selecting Files and Folders
• Control Panel, Accessibility Options, System Applet
Backing UP and Backing UP
• Back-up Solutions and Policies
• Types of Printers
• Laser Printers and The Printer Interface
Video and Audio
• Types of Monitors
• Video Cards and Sound Cards
The CPU and RAM
• CPU Central Processing Unit
• RAM Random Access Memory
• Storage Devices
• OSI Model
• Network Hardware
• Network Software
• IPV4 and IPV6
• Electrical Safety and green IT
• Disposal of Computer Equipment
• Ethics and the Sales Process
• Sales Terminology, Finding Customers and Customer Commitment
• Course Summary and Review
Academy Code of Honor
The Academy guarantees that students shall pass all vendor examinations during the training program or may re-attend within one year of the program completion date. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.