In this training class, students will learn how to install and configure Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager and manage enterprise data center resources. This course is part two in a series of two courses (part one is MOC20409) that provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement an enterprise virtualization solution. This course will cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 environment using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager. This course primarily covers the advanced and enterprise-level technologies and solutions available through Microsoft virtualization, networking, and storage.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure or are interested in learning about current Microsoft Virtualization technologies for enterprise datacenter environments. This course is also intended for IT Decision Makers who will be determining which virtualization and infrastructure management products to implement in their datacenter.
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge: Recommended: MCSA: Windows Server 2012. Recommended: Course 20409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server and System Center. An understanding of virtualization concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V. An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft networking. An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft storage technologies and solutions. Working knowledge of Windows PowerShell.
- Authorized Courseware
- Intensive Hands on Skills Development with an Experienced Subject Matter Expert
- Hands-on practice on real Servers and extended lab support 1.800.482.3172
- Examination Vouchers & Onsite Certification Testing- (excluding Adobe and PMP Boot Camps)
- Academy Code of Honor: Test Pass Guarantee
- Optional: Package for Hotel Accommodations, Lunch and Transportation
With several convenient training delivery methods offered, The Academy makes getting the training you need easy. Whether you prefer to learn in a classroom or an online live learning virtual environment, training videos hosted online, and private group classes hosted at your site. We offer expert instruction to individuals, government agencies, non-profits, and corporations. Our live classes, on-sites, and online training videos all feature certified instructors who teach a detailed curriculum and share their expertise and insights with trainees. No matter how you prefer to receive the training, you can count on The Academy for an engaging and effective learning experience.
- Instructor Led (the best training format we offer)
- Live Online Classroom – Online Instructor Led
- Self-Paced Video
Speak to an Admissions Representative for complete details
- Overview of Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager
- Configuring High Availability for Virtual Machine Manager and Hyper-V
- Updating Virtual Machine Manager and Fabric Servers
- Configuring Networking in Virtual Machine Manager
- Configuring Storage in Virtual Machine Manager
- Managing Clouds in Virtual Machine Manager
- Configuring and Managing the Virtual Machine Manager Library and Library Objects
- Preparing the Windows Operating System for deployment in Virtual Machine Manager
- Virtual Machine and Service Templates
- System Center Integration
- Windows Azure Pack
- Azure Site Recovery