Microsoft Excel Certification MOS EXAM 77-727 allows a person to have a fundamental understanding on how Microsoft Excel works and with this knowledge they are open to more job opportunities and can use this mastery for their own projects.
This certification improves professional expectations. A person with this certificate is an added value for a company, because it translates into productivity and of course, you will stand out in an increasingly competitive work environment.
What is the Microsoft Excel Certification MOS EXAM 77-727?
Successful candidates for the Microsoft Office Specialist Excel 2016 certification exam have a fundamental understanding of the Excel environment and the ability to complete tasks independently. They know and demonstrate the correct application of the principle features of Excel 2016. Candidates create and edit a workbook with multiple sheets, and they use a graphic element to represent data visually. Workbook examples include professional-looking budgets, financial statements, team performance charts, sales invoices, and data-entry logs.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2016 certification exams introduce a new performance-based format for improved testing of a candidate’s knowledge, skills, and abilities using the MOS 2016 programs:
- MOS 2016 exam task instructions generally do not include the command name, as in previous versions. For example, function names are avoided and are replaced with descriptors. This means candidates must understand the purpose and common usage of the program functionality in order to successfully complete the tasks in each of the projects.
- The MOS 2016 exam format incorporates multiple projects
Microsoft Excel Certification MOS EXAM 77-727 Exam Details
Create and manage worksheets and workbooks in Microsoft Excel (30-35%)
Create worksheets and workbooks
- Create a workbook, import data from a delimited text file, add a worksheet to an existing workbook, copy and move a worksheet
Navigate in worksheets and workbooks
- Search for data within a workbook; navigate to a named cell, range, or workbook element; insert and remove hyperlinks
Format worksheets and workbooks
- Change worksheet tab color, rename a worksheet, change worksheet order, modify page setup, insert and delete columns or rows, change workbook themes, adjust row height and column width, insert headers and footers
Customize options and views for worksheets and workbooks
- Hide or unhide worksheets, hide or unhide columns and rows, customize the Quick Access Toolbar, change workbook views, change window views, modify document properties, change magnification by using zoom tools, display formulas
Configure worksheets and workbooks for distribution
- Set a print area, save workbooks in alternative file formats, print all or part of a workbook, set print scaling, display repeating row and column titles on multipage worksheets, inspect a workbook for hidden properties or personal information, inspect a workbook for accessibility issues, inspect a workbook for compatibility issues
Manage data cells and ranges in Microsoft Excel (15-20%)
Insert data in cells and ranges
- Replace data; cut, copy, or paste data; paste data by using special paste options; fill cells by using Auto Fill; insert and delete cells
Format cells and ranges
- Merge cells, modify cell alignment and indentation, format cells by using Format Painter, wrap text within cells, apply number formats, apply cell formats, apply cell styles
Summarize and organize data
- Insert sparklines, outline data, insert subtotals, apply conditional formatting
Create tables in Excel (15-20%)
Create and manage tables
- Create an Excel table from a cell range, convert a table to a cell range, add or remove table rows and columns
Manage table styles and options
- Apply styles to tables, configure table style options, insert total rows
Filter and sort a table
- Filter records, sort data by multiple columns, change sort order, remove duplicate records
Perform operations with formulas and functions in Excel (10-15%)
Summarize data by using functions
- Insert references, perform calculations by using the SUM function, perform calculations by using MIN and MAX functions, perform calculations by using the COUNT function, perform calculations by using the AVERAGE function
Perform conditional operations by using functions
- Perform logical operations by using the IF function, perform logical operations by using the SUMIF function, perform logical operations by using the AVERAGEIF function, perform statistical operations by using the COUNTIF function
Format and modify text by using functions
- Format text by using RIGHT, LEFT, and MID functions; format text by using UPPER, LOWER, and PROPER functions; format text by using the CONCATENATE function
Create charts and objects in Microsoft Excel (15-20%)
- Create a new chart, add additional data series, switch between rows and columns in source data, analyze data by using Quick Analysis
Format graphic elements
- Resize charts, add and modify chart elements, apply chart layouts and styles, move charts to a chart sheet
Insert and format objects
- Insert text boxes and shapes, insert images, modify object properties, add alternative text to objects for accessibility
What are popular books used in classes for the Microsoft Excel Certification MOS EXAM 77-727?
MOS 2016 Study Guide for Microsoft Excel
Published: October 2016
Demonstrate your expertise with Microsoft Excel! Designed to help you practice and prepare for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Excel 2016 Core certification, this official Study Guide delivers: in-depth preparation for each MOS objective, detailed procedures to help build the skills measured by the exam, hands-on tasks to practice what you’ve learned, and practice files and sample solutions.
Buy this book at the Microsoft Press Store
How much does training cost for Microsoft Excel Certification MOS EXAM 77-727?
Those researching Microsoft Excel certification cost information may suffer from some sticker shock if they follow traditional paths to certification.
Employees often investigate obtaining the basic Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification provided by Microsoft.
Certifications can be offered at different skill levels, including Specialist, Expert, and Master, and can cover the whole range of programs bundled in the Office suite, including Excel. While the test itself may only cost around $100, money spent on the goal of achieving certification can easily add up due to:
- Training courses and classes
- Practice test materials
- Other supplemental materials and services, such as tutoring
- Potential retakes of tests
What businesses use Microsoft Excel?
- Data entry and storage.
- Collection and Verification of Business Data.
- Administrative and managerial duties.
- Accounting and budgeting.
- Data Analysis.
- Reporting + Visualizations.
What type of jobs can you get with the Microsoft Excel Certification MOS EXAM 77-727?
With Microsoft Excel Certification MOS EXAM 77-727, you can work as:
- Administrative Assistant
- Information Clerk
- Accountant or Auditor
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Analyst
- Sales Manager
What type of salary can you get with the Microsoft Excel Certification MOS EXAM 77-727?
Out of all the jobs listed above, here are the median salaries for all of them:
- Administrative Assistant: $37,230
- Information Clerk: $32,920
- Accountant or Auditor: $68,150
- Cost Estimator: $61,790
- Financial Analyst: $81,760
- Sales Manager: $117,960
Where can you find training for the Microsoft Excel Certification MOS EXAM 77-727?
You can get training, courses and classes at The Code Academy, Computer Training Centers. Please find a list of the complete course we offer below
How much does the Microsoft Excel Certification MOS EXAM 77-727 exam cost?
The exam costs $ 125.00. Contact our testing administrator to receive monthly promotions on exam voucher prices. 1-800-482-2233